Updates for the Week of August 15-August 21
<< Back to Weekly Announcements
Extracurricular Events for the Week
- Tuesday, August 16
- e-Sports Meeting in Room 505 (3:05 PM)
- Softball Varsity @ Discovery (5:30 PM)
- Wednesday, August 17
- French- Spanish Club Meeting in Room 209 (immediately after school)
- Thursday, August 18
- Volleyball Varsity vs Prince Avenue Christian School (5:00 PM)
- Volleyball JV vs Prince Avenue Christian School (5:00 PM)
- Softball JV @ Hart County (5:30 PM)
- Friday, August 19
- Senior Sunrise @ EJCHS Practice Fields (6:30 AM)
- Football Varsity @ Oglethorpe Co (7:30 PM)
- Saturday, August 20
- Softball JV vs BASA (10:00 AM)
News from the Nest
- Parents, please be sure you have completed the Annual Verification and Acknowledgement of First Day Papers if you have not already done so. Directions for completing this online can be found at the bottom of the first-day paperwork page on the JCSS website: https://www.jacksonschoolsga.org/Page/1936. For your convenience, both English and Spanish versions of the documents and forms are provided.
- Chromebook insurance can be purchased today through September 9th. Click HERE for a QR code to purchase your insurance today.
- SchoolPay will be the only way to complete transactions related to school services, including school nutrition, fundraisers, parking passes, club dues, and dance tickets this year. We will be limiting cash and check transactions moving forward. The link for SchoolPay is: https://www.schoolpay.com/
- All students are encouraged to fill out the application for free & reduced lunches. Simply follow these step-by-step instructions to complete the online application.
- Students who have yet to pick up/be assigned a Chromebook should see Mr. David Frederick in the technology office (just outside the media center).
- School supply lists will be communicated to students in their individual classes. Please check with your teachers to make sure you have the materials you need to be successful in your classes.
- Parking passes are now being sold! To complete the application process you will need (make/model/color of vehicle, photo of driver's license, photo of insurance) and a valid payment method to use on SchoolPay. Parking passes are $50 and are required to be displayed on vehicles parked on our campus.
Eagle Families: Please be reminded of the MCV4 Vaccine Booster requirement for students that are 16 and older and entering 11th Grade. Updated vaccine records should be returned to our school nurse, Ms. Tamara Freeman.
- Tuesday, August 16